Homeland Security Emergency Management Description
The pathway of Homeland Security Emergency Management is comprised of individuals who are ready to respond to a natural disaster, public health threat, wartime, technological disaster, hostage situation or other emergency situation. They do so by coordinating disaster response or crisis management activities, providing disaster preparedness training, and preparing emergency plans and procedures.
Because career types vary widely in the homeland security industry, so do salaries. Here is a sampling of HSEM-related jobs, their salaries and career prospects.
Learn more about career fields and job opportunities in Homeland Security Emergency Management.
Homeland Security Emergency Management Degree Options
List of Degrees
Develop Skills In Homeland Security Emergency Management
- Describe, explain, and analyze the different phases in Emergency Management: Prevention, Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, and Recovery.
- Describe how to integrate, coordinate, and collaborate with communities, agencies, and emergency management teams in order to facilitate crisis prevention, emergency management, continuity of operations, and problem solving.
- Describe and explain the critical guidelines, regulations, and systems utilized in the different phases of emergency management.
- Develop policies, procedures and protocols to allow seamless agency integration from prevention to incident response scenarios.
- Apply a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to assume leadership roles in emergency management, homeland security, and/or public policy.