Technology & Cyber Security Description
Those who pursue the Cyber Security pathway will develop and use the skills necessary to detect, document, and counter virtual security threats. This will be done through the use of various programs, networks and systems to safeguard information and keep the United States’ security edge sharp.
Because career types vary widely in the homeland security industry, so do salaries. Here is a sampling of technology and cyber security-related jobs, their salaries and career prospects.
Learn more about career fields and job opportunities in Technology & Cyber Security.
Technology & Cyber Security Degree Options
List of Degrees
A program in this pathway prepares students for careers involving the protection of information on computers against unauthorized access or modification of information. Curriculum content includes basic and advanced computer and networking skills, computer forensics, firewall implementation, intrusion detection system implementation, layered security design and implementation, virtual security processes and procedures, and introduction to security management, planning, and recovery.
Develop Skills In Technology & Cyber Security
- Planning, coordinating and implementing secure networks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of administrative and technical strategies for mitigating and managing threats posed to information systems.
- Plan and execute an information security risk analysis and vulnerability assessment.
- Perform effective digital forensics investigations at the device and network level.
- Illustrate an understanding of how to detect a network intrusion.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data protection and network hardening techniques.
- Digital evidence recovery.