Motion Church (Meals in Motion): 

Location: 601 9th Ave SE, Puyallup, WA 98372                  Phone: (253) 848-9111

Services: They provide to-go meals for those in need.  They hand out food on the 3rd full weekend of every month.  For the month of December they will be handing out food after the church service on Saturday, December 26th and Sunday, December 27th.



Tacoma Rescue Mission:

Location: 425 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98402 Phone: (253) 383-4493

Services: They provide daily meals.  Breakfast is served 7:30am-8:15am and dinner is served 5pm-6pm. Christmas dinner will be provided 4:30-6pm.

Hours: 4:30pm-5pm  Website:

**Emergency Food Network:

Location: 3318 92nd St S, Lakewood, WA 98499                 Phone: (253) 584-1040

Service: This website will provide those qualified with the opportunity to receive a free food delivery service.  Website:

Help Kitchen:

Service: Text “Find a Meal” to (253) 215-8101.  This will prompt recipients to answer a series of questions connecting them with local restaurants that will prepare them free meals.  Recipient will receive a location and time to pick up the food instantly but it will take 3 days from the day the text was sent out to receive the food. Website:

New Nativity House:

Location: 702 S 14th St, Tacoma, WA 98405                       Phone: (253) 383-3697

Service: This is an adult shelter for women and men that serves meals daily to its clients.  Meals are served every weekday from 8am-11am and every weekend from 10am-1pm.  Dinner is served every night at 5:30pm. (This is a housing resource but those in need of a meal will not be turned away if they are not staying at the facility)

Hours: 7am-4:30pm Website:

Puyallup Francis House:

Location: 322 7th St SE, Puyallup, WA 98372                      Phone: (253) 770-6991

Service:  This resource provides those in need To-Go meals every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 6pm.  Website:

Housing and General Resources:




Service:  These websites can provide individuals with resources like housing and other general basic needs requests.  Some of these services do require Coordinated Entry (211).


**Toy Rescue Mission:

Location: 607 S Winnifred St, Tacoma, WA 98465              Phone: (253) 460-6711

Service: Provides children 0-15 years old with toys.  Call the phone number to make an appointment to receive service.


**Pierce County Toys for Tots:

Service: The program serves children between the ages of 0-13.  There is no pre-registration needed and donations will be done through food banks and churches. Website:

**Salvation Army Angel Tree:

Phone: Phone: Tacoma – (253) 572-8452, Puyallup – (253) 841-1491

Service: This service provide children, seniors and adults the opportunity to receive a gift.  Recipient needs to fill out an application to see if they qualify to become an “angel”.  Clothing and toys are then gifted to those who qualify. Deadline for the application is December 16th.


Other Resources:

Pierce Advocacy & Resource Connections (PARC)

Visit Pierce Advocacy and Resource Connections to find assistance with food, housing, jobs, financial aid, counseling and more. Here, you’ll find resources to support you through your college journey.


Pierce County 211

Provides referrals to local resources and community partners.


For a direct referral to 211, contact Job & Career Connections.

All resources with ** means that an application is required or Coordinated Entry (211) is required.

Questions on Your Washington State Unemployment claim?

Call the Washington State Unemployment Claims Department at 1-800-318-6022. Phone hours are 8am – 12pm, Monday through Friday.

Funding Eligibility: Start Next Quarter online survey, identifies possible funding sources for Professional/Technical degrees or certificates.

Jobs, Work Study, & Internships:

*These links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the Center or any of the services or information provided. The Center bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site/organization or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external organization for answers to questions regarding its website content.