Technology & Cyber Security Description
Those who pursue the Cyber Security pathway will develop and use
the skills necessary to detect, document, and counter virtual security
threats. This will be done through the use of various programs,
networks and systems to safeguard information and protect the United
States’ security information system.
A program in this pathway prepares students for careers involving the
protection of information on computers against unauthorized access
or modification of data. Curriculum content includes basic and
advanced computer and networking skills, computer forensics, firewall
implementation, intrusion detection system implementation, laid
security design and implementation, virtual security processes and
procedures, and introduction to security management, planning, and
Develop Skills In Technology & Cyber Security
- Planning, coordinating and
implementing secure networks.
- Administrative and technical
strategies for mitigating and
managing threats posed to
- Planning and executing an
information security risk analysis
and vulnerability assessment.
- Performing effective digital
forensics investigations at the device
and network levels.
- Understanding how to detect a
- Data protection and network
- Digital evidence recovery.
- Network Security Administrator
- Information Security Administrator
- Computer Forensic Analyst
- Digital Forensics Specialist
- Information Security Analyst