How do good ICS instructors get to be great ICS instructors? Opportunities to work with other instructors and view alternative strategies and methods are scarce. This workshop provides you with a one-time opportunity for those who are already State-approved ICS instructors.
The two days will cover the teaching of basic ICS principles including:
• What are YOUR challenges in teaching ICS basic principles and concepts?
• Getting students to understand why ICS works in every incident, no matter what the discipline
• The missing step in teaching students how to create Objectives
• An instructor evaluation tool for assessing if Objectives are SMART
• Making PPOST memorable
• A simple way of explaining virtually all aspects of resource management to any class
• Discussing why “Ensure the Safety of the Responders” is a poor Objective
• Making every ICS form a “no-brainer” to teach
• Why Common Terminology is not common terminology
• Ensuring students understand every support Unit’s role
• Examples ICS success stories
To register follow the links to the two offerings in Washington State: