What Every Emergency Manager Needs to Know this Hurricane Season Webinar
A record number of people lost their lives during a hurricane or tropical storm in 2017. And according to hurricane researchers at Colorado State University, 2018 is expected to be above-average in terms of storm activity.
Whether it’s a hurricane or another type of emergency event, a mass notification system can help residents get the information they need quickly, making the difference between conveying timely safety precautions and being caught unprepared.
Join us on July 18 at 11:00 am PT / 2:00 pm ET to find out what your agency can do this hurricane season to best prepare a successful response plan. From geo-targeted alerting to integrating IPAWS, mass notification plays a key role before, during and after a storm.
• What to look for in a notification solution, how to deploy it correctly and how to use it effectively.
• Best practices and lessons learned from last year’s hurricane season.
• How Sarasota County, FL, used CodeRED from OnSolve to alert citizens about evacuations, flood advisories and utility service interruption during Hurricane Irma.
• Paula Parsons Grubb, Interim Supervisor, Utility Connection Intake & Code Enforcement Unit, Sarasota County, FL
• Troy Harper, General Manager, Public Sector, OnSolve
• Joe Panora, Senior Fellow, Center for Digital Government & Former Director of Enterprise Information Services and CIO, State of California, Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations