Communities in Schools Lakewood has put out a call for volunteers to help with food distribution to students. On March 23 and March 24, volunteers are needed to distribute “break bags” containing extra food, in addition to the daily breakfast and lunch that are available to students. Below are the details if you feel comfortable volunteering and would like to participate:
• When: Monday the 23rd and Tuesday the 24th, 9:00 AM -12:30 PM (approximate end time)
• What: Help load food “break bags” into buses and then help hand out bags as the buses make 4 ~30 minute stops.
• Where: Meet at 9:00 AM at the Clover Park School District ASC Warehouse at 9219 Lakewood Dr. SW
• Who: 12-14 volunteers total. All volunteers must be over the age of 18, have no symptoms of illness (temperature, cough, diarrhea etc.) and able to lift 20 lbs. We ask that only volunteer if you have not exhibited symptoms or been in contact with anyone who has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• How: If interested, please send your name and day you are available to firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Holly Bocchi, Family & Community Partnership Coordinator with additional questions at 253-583-5043; email@example.com