Youth can make a difference in their communities. One way is to join the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Youth Preparedness Council (YPC). The YPC is open to 8th – 11th graders across the Nation. If you know a good candidate, please tell them to apply.
As a member of the YPC, youth can:
• Design and conduct local and national projects;
• Add a youth viewpoint on emergency preparedness;
• Help prepare their local area for emergencies;
• Meet with FEMA regularly; and
• Give input to FEMA leadership and staff.
Adults working with youth should share the application. Youth should submit a complete form, provide two letters of recommendation, and their academic records.
Applications are due March 18, 2018. For more information, visit the Youth Preparedness Council website.