Women and Diversity Public Safety and STEM Open House and Career Fair
Presented by the NW Women’s Law Enforcement Network
The HSEM Center of Excellence is working with the US Department of Labor’s Women’s Bureau in Seattle which has launched a web page called Women Build, Protect, and Move America. They support women in law enforcement and those who are interested in pursuing the law enforcement & public safety careers.
Date: Saturday, February 4th, 2017 | 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Location: Bellevue City Hall
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT IS ONLY OPEN TO WESTERN WASHINGTON LOCAL, CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL AGENCIES.
Join us and learn about educational and career opportunities in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and Public Safety. The career fair is open to all ages.
• Meet recruiters from city, state and federal law enforcement, corrections, forensic support and 911 communications.
• Learn more about the job through interactive agency displays and demonstrations.
• Discover job opportunities for sworn officers as well as civilian (non-sworn) jobs in public safety and city government.
• Get advice and training recommendations for physical fitness training and testing.
• Meet female and male leaders in their respective career fields and find out why we need you!
• Ask questions of leaders in STEM and Public Safety during our panel presentations.
0630: Organizers arrive
0700-0800: Participant check in and set up
0800-0900:Coffee networking event
0900-0930: Safety briefing and final instructions
1000: Doors open to attendees
1000-1400: PT and Defensive Tactics Demos and Instruction
1000-1400: Kids Activities
1100: STEM Panel
1200: Public Safety Panel
1400: Event Ends and Participant Load Out
1430-1630: Women’s Safety Seminar